Takes and trash talk from both ALL sides of the NHL's most obscure PATHETIC* rivalry

* Thanks, Kevin Lowe!

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Sharks/Oilers Frozen Gameday

Born and raised in California, I am the first too admit I don't know what cold is. I am the idiot who wears ski jackets and ski pants while travelling to the East Coast. What do I know about cold you ask? I watch Packers games in the snow and shiver while sitting in a 70 degree house. What do our boys encounter in the first game out of the All-Star break? -24 degrees F are you kidding me? This short 2 game Alberta road trip before coming back to the tank for 6 in a row at home. This game being on Versus we have to endure announcers that are not our beloved Randy and Drew. Tonight we get John Forslund, Daryl Reaugh and Bob Harwood calling tonight's game for Versus. (Thanks to Steve Lepore at Kukla's Korner for the info.)

No word on if McLaren is back from his knee surgery a week ago. Coming off 2 wins I would guess Ron Wilson would stick with his lineup from last week as he rarely changes the lineup after a win. Hopefully Cheech can keep up his strong play and it will rub off on Marleau.

9 comments:

Earl Sleek said...

Wait, Lepore's feeding you Versus info too? :)

Anyways, I wanted to point out that this makes six straight posts over the last two days by BoC's six different contributors. I'm pretty sure that's a BoC-first!

Mirtle, you're up!

Anonymous said...

-24 F? Are you kidding me? Most of us Edmontonians would have loved for it to be only -24F today....
When I started my truck this morning, the thermometer read -40 (celsius or fahrenheit; take your pick)... plus the wind chill on top of that...

Now THAT'll put hair on your chest...

Megalodon said...

To paraphrase Joe Rogan:

"Why would people insist on living in Edmonton when they know that Hawaii is real?"

Patty (in Dallas) said...

Oh no. Razor's doing the Versus game? Ugh. That means we get Bryan Hayward.

Earl Sleek said...

Haha, who else took a gasp when Chris Simpson announced that the Sharks had just completed a trade?

I was going through the defenseman possibilities in my head, but turns out it was only Jody Shelley. I guess D. Wilson was tired of not fighting Parros.

Anonymous said...

Three things cross my mind about the Shelley trade:

1) I understand every GM tries to emulate the previous Cup winner, but between adding more orange to the uniform, prying defensemen out of retirement and stockpiling thugs for the playoffs, Wilson should just let Burke be Burke...

2) Shelley has "tremendous character?" I remember Wilson saying some things about Shelley's "character" a few years back when he tried to go ice-fishing in the Tank using Brad Stuart's head as an auger, but I don't recall "tremendous" being used.

3) I'd rather have the 6th round pick.

Earl Sleek said...

3) I'd rather have the 6th round pick.

The way the Sharks are rolling, it looks to be a high 6th-rounder, too.

Your point #1 is awesome. Don't forget the Roenick experiment--it felt a lot like what Burke did with Selanne coming out of the lockout.

Anonymous said...

The way the Sharks are rolling, it looks to be a high 6th-rounder, too.

Did I read that correctly? The Sharks are likely to have a very low 6th-round pick, right?

Earl Sleek said...

Oh, you're right. I was under the impression that the draft was done snake-style (where the first pick in the first round gets the last pick in the second round), but I was way off.

Won't be my last error on this blog, I promise.